Hey guys its been a while since I’ve blogged about any items I am loving and using. I have been very busy trying to juggle work and spending time with family. Both my sister’s birthdays are in September and to make September even more special my older sister’s baby girl was born on her birthday so we have 3 parties to plan!
My younger sister Crystal had hers last week so I drove down to go see her and party my little heart out ha!
As we were getting ready all the girls had large makeup bags with literally everything you could think off I was secretly in heaven, the house looked like a beauty counter! And there I was with my few essential bits. Don’t get me wrong, I have tons of makeup at home but I would have a breakdown packing it all for a weekend.
So when ever I’m away I have a little essentials bag. Below is a run down of what is in it.
1.Foundation: I’ve been using mac studio fix in a nw50 for a while. It gives a full cover and looks natural. I used to apply it with a foundation brush but I feel applying it with a damp Beauty Blender works better. I get a more natural look. Even though I like a full cover I don’t want it to look heavy.
2. Mac studio Correct and Conceal Palette: I use the palette in dark. It has four concealer’s and two corrector shades. The pure orange colour helps hide hyper pigmentation and dark circles on darker skin. Not only does it help with pigmentation, you can use this palette to correct moles, tattoo’s and birth marks. I dot pure orange around the areas where I have acne scarring, usually a little round my jaw and forehead. As it’s a bright colour I dot it on first then put my foundation over.
Under my eyes as a concealer I use NC50 using the tip of a damp beauty blender and go over it with ochre just to brighten my eyes a little. I then set it with my setting powder.
- Setting powder: I forgot to add this onto my flat lay 🙁 . I use Laura Mercier setting powder in Translucent. I found looking for Ben Nye powders tedious and annoying. A good friend of mine recommended Laura and it’s just as good! Great for the baking technique! And on dark skin tones it doesn’t look ashy.
- 4. Mac Burgundy times 9 palette: Mac’s mini eye palettes are very handy when travelling! I love this one because the colours are great for creating a subtle day time look and a popping Smokey eye. It also has a lot of different textures from matte, frost and satin. The looks you can create are endless. Currently retailing at £25 on maccosmetics.co.uk it’s not a lot for something so handy and portable.
- Bobbi brown highlighter in Bronze Glow: When I can’t take my Anastasia Glow Kit. This little baby comes to the rescue. It gives the perfect shimmer without looking over the top. On the website it is described as a superfine, silky powder that doesn’t settle into lines. That is true to form. It is very light weight and the pigment pay off is amazing. it also comes with a mirror which is handy when I’m on the go.
6.blusher: I do love a good blush. I have a few favorites but these two are my go to blushes. They add a nice subtle warmth to the skin without looking heavy and the best part is they compliment almost any makeup look !
- Mac: Sweet as Cocoa similar to love joy but has a more pigmented pearlescent finish. I use this when I want to add a bit more colour to my cheeks. Works really well with a nude lip.
- Mac: Love Joy a mineralized blush that is baked and refined to powder to give a sheer coverage. I would describe it as a shimmery browny golden blush.
7.Contour: AAh where would we be without contour! I feel it just gives your makeup a lift and a bit of a pow. Over the years I’ve been on the hunt for the perfect shade to suit my skin tone. I had to think outside the box for this. MAC matte powder blush in Sketch has by far been the best. It is a rich plum colour however the pigment in it is so good its dark enough to use as a contour remember to apply it with a LIGHT hand as it can look heavy. I use it every day and i wouldn’t be without it.
- NYX Liquid lipsticks: My love for lippies has reached an all time high! lol especially liquid matte lipsticks I love the look and finish they give. I have quite a few but these two colours are my go to when I’m on the go. I line my lips with Mac Nightmoth lip liner and then apply NYX Berlin all around my lips and finish off with Cairo in the center just to lighten my lips up a bit. I’ve been loving dark lips lately and to make my lips pop a bit more I apply Huda Beauty Liquid lipstick with Berlin to make it a little darker.
So with all the bits displayed above I can create a look like this
How do you guys get ready for a night out? do you have a few essentials that you take with you when you get ready away from home ?
P.S. Thank you so much for the support and love you guys have shown me I really appreciate it means a lot
love Bella. xoxo