Hey Guys hope you are all well! been a while since I’ve blogged I’ve been trying to catch up with work and other commitments time has gone by so fast! Autumn is upon us now and with this comes bright misty mornings, made all the more beautiful by the changing colour of the leaves on the trees. Although I do love this time of the year because of the wonderful colours it brings I must admit I am not one for the cold and do love to curl up on the sofa with a hot beverage during these colder evenings.
So to kick it all off I decided to try out this lovely Spicy Hot Chocolate Recipe. I stumbled upon this little gem whilst flicking through the pages of my ideal cookbook. Its quick and easy to make and is yummy! after all its chocolate how can it not be! I gave it a go and the following was my result. I made the hot chocolate with some raspberry and apricot puff pastry slices
Below is the recipe and method
- 5 Ltr of milk
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 100ml extra thick double cream
- Pour the milk into the pan and add the spices (cinnamon and cardamom) bring to a gentle boil
- Add the chocolate and bring the heat down as it melts into the milk
- Once its all melted remove from hob and divide amongst glasses
- Lightly whip the cream and spoon on top of glasses and Finish off with Chocolate shavings
Hope you enjoy making this as much as I did. Fingers crossed I’ll get back into the swing of things and post a little more often. Thank you for sticking around!